Saturday 6 August 2011

Chocolate cupcake

I choose to bake chocolate cupcakes for my bf's birthday since he love chocolate.

My idea of the birthday cupcake is, on top of each cupcake there's 1 alphabet of Happy Birthday Alex. The question is, how do I do the alphabet? Using rolled fondant or buttercream icing or royal icing?

I decided not to use buttercream to write out the words, as Singapore weather is a bit humid and it may not hold up well. Then I did some research on royal icing and I happen to see the below picture (from http://sweetopia.net). Immediately I know that's what I want my cupcake to look like.



I always have a lot of problem when it comes to chocolate cupcake or chocolate cake. The texture always taste like fa gao, and I did some research to find out what's went wrong in the recipe. And I can't find any answer. Maybe there's nothing wrong.

I did the alphabets out using royal icing and let it dry for a night. When I tried to peel off the parchment paper, some of the alphabets crack. Well, I have do it again, and this time I did extra more just in case.

Buttercream frosting was not a success, it melt easily, After frosting the cupcake, I have put the cupcake back to the fridge for awhile to let the frosting turn a little harden.


Conclusion, not very easy working with frosting. Oh, I forgot to mention about my helpers. Luckily I have them, if not there will be no nicely done cupcakes. 










No comments:

Post a Comment